About the event:
2022 will be marked once again by the COVID-19 pandemic which continues to take a heavy toll on people’s mental health. But while global health experts agree that there is “no health without mental health,” the issue of mental health facilitation and care still tends to be overlooked by policymakers, funders, and practitioners alike. To bridge the gap between what is needed and what is actually being accomplished in the mental health field, the Hub Community on Global Mental Health has recently finalised a policy brief on the topic of COVID-19 and Mental Health. It provides concrete recommendations on how access to mental health services can be facilitated and improved. The brief comes just in time: As new COVID-19 variants emerge, people’s mental health is bound to deteriorate even further. Furthermore, the successful implementation of targets, as stated in the UN Agenda 2030, the WHO’s Comprehensive Action Plan 2013-2030, and its Triple Billion Health Targets, is at risk. A positive transformation of the system is therefore urgently needed.
On January 25, 2022, from 1:00 – 2:30 pm (CET), you are warmly invited to join the virtual launch of the policy brief and the follow-up expert discussion. The discussion will focus on the possibilities and hindrances of implementing the recommendations successfully. Language: English.
Moderation is shared by:
- Prof. Dr. Michael Wirsching, Co-Coordinator Hub Community on Global Mental Health; Director (Emeritus), Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
- PD Dr. Eric Hahn, Co-Coordinator Hub Community on Global Mental Health; Co-Head of the Global Mental Health Section of Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, CBF
Experts on the panel:
- Dévora Kestel, Director, Mental Health and Substance Use Department, WHO
- Dan Chisholm, Specialist, Mental Health and Substance Use Department, WHO
- Lyn von Zepelin, Specialist, Nursing Management in Intensive Care, University Clinic Freiburg
- Ann Willhoite, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Specialist, UNICEF Headquarters New York
You will have the possibility to ask questions in the chat throughout the event.
The webinar will take place using Microsoft Teams. Please be aware that the session will be recorded. You will receive a confirmation mail following registration with the link to participate in the event. Please feel free to share the invitation with interested colleagues.
Please note: Due to technical difficulties the recording of the event is not available
Read more about the Policy Brief: https://www.globalhealthhub.de/de/news/detail/den-psychischen-folgen-der-covid-19-pandemie-begegnen
Download the Policy Brief (in German): https://www.globalhealthhub.de/fileadmin/user_upload/GHHG_PolicyBrief_DEU_101221_COVID-19_and_Mental_Health.pdf