Germany’s Last Mile Initiative: Turning Vaccines into Vaccinations
The virtual event "Germany’s Last Mile Initiative: Turning Vaccines into Vaccinations" hosted by the Global Health Hub Germany (GHHG) on 4 October, 3:00 – 4:30 PM (CEST), will give insights into the current status of implementation and discuss questions on how to address challenges such as logistical difficulties, weak national health systems, vaccine skepticism and disinformation.
To dive into these questions and learn more about the Last Mile Initiative, the Global Health Hub Germany invites you to the upcoming online discussion with the following experts in the field:
Speakers on the panel:
- Günter Sautter, Director General for International Order, the United Nations and Arms Control, German Foreign Office
- Dirk Meyer, Director General for Global Health, Employment, Transformation of the Economy, Digital Technologies, Food and Nutrition Security, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Ted Chaiban, Global Lead Coordinator, COVID-19 Vaccine Delivery Partnership
- Dr Ubah Farah Ahmed, Head of the Family Health Department, Federal Ministry of Health, Somalia
- Kholo Makena, Managing Director, Broadway Legacy Foundation, South Africa
Intervention from the floor:
- Dr Mainul Hasan, UNICEF Health Specialist in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Inke Fabian de Barreto, Head of the Health and Social Development at GOPA Consultants and Member of the Steering Committee of the Global Health Hub Germany
Kindly note that the webinar will be recorded.